Team Spirit Team Spirit

we love blogging

Thursday 15 May 2008

Fame at last

Pete

Thanks to those nice people at New Media Age for printing my letter in today's issue.

I was was responding to one of those 'I'd like to make a very valid point about X oh and I just happen to be the person who sells the product or service that answers that problem' type letter.

In this case it was all about how much better widgets were in delivering content than email due to speed, personalisation and the ability of users to pull in content of interest to them.

My point, in response to the above, was that the technology of delivering information to a user (push or pull) is not the key issue but that the content was the most vital element. I can continue to embrace the latest super widget technology but if I havent addressed the quality of my content it is pointless.

I feel better for getting that off my chest. Plus getting my photo in the magazine makes my mum proud and that's a nice thing.

No comments: